Wednesday 25 April 2012

Gold Coast & Brisbane Trip (Part II)

Date: 25-03-2012
Location: Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia

Hi, it’s my “Part 2” blog on my Gold Coast and Brisbane trip. Today is a new day for Brendan and me; therefore, we are going to spend our whole day at Movie World. We are going to take the thrill rides and find as many mascots as possible!!!

By the way, Brendan told me that there is a reason why he arranged us to turn up at Dream World before Movie world. He told me that he doesn’t want me to get disappointed about Dream World so he took me to Dream World before hand. He knew that Movie World will definitely turn out to be more exciting which is absolutely TRUE!!! Besides, I don’t feel that I’m OLD here!!! LOL!!! It’s just like I’m at Disneyland or Universal Studio.
Yoo Hoo~~~ Our entrance ticket!!! 

 We took a shot at the main entrance to Movie World. 

 
 I saw this statue once I walk in from the entrance. It's Green Lantern,Superman, and Batman! Wait for me!!! =p

 As usual we both had our HOT DOGS for breakfast. But, this time we had it with extra CHEESE!!! It’s yummy!! However, we kind of regret adding it cause both of us couldn’t manage to finish our Hot Dogs. Oh, by the way, you couldn’t manage to see the cheeses in this picture because its hidden below the hot dogs.

This “Journey to the Center of the Earth” 4D motion master is amazing!!!! Just look at the queue!! I really love the scene where they were chase by the dinosaur and the chair keep pounding according to the dinosaur footsteps. How I wish I could watch the whole movie in this theater. It makes you feel as though you are in the movie. NICE!!!
 
After that, we went for some kids’ activities like snapping pictures with whatever things we manage to see in Movie World. This is Brendan with his Batman’s car.


And now the Batman's Bike.. 

Me with.... Urn... don't know what car is this..

TaaDaa!!! Marvin the Martian!!!

The Flash and Green Lantern!!! If Brendan were to put on a Batman’s suit, I think he will be the best among them three. I know this makes you people feel like nauseating but he really looks the best to me. LOL!!!

These are the thrill rides that we took. This is Scooby-Doo Coaster!! Btw, it’s not spooky at all!!! During the ride, there are lots of sharp bend turning left and right. There was once where it stops and suddenly goes backwards!! CHILL!!!  

This is the Superman Escape!!!This is really the BEST!!!

 
Did you see Superman behind the coaster?? I wasn’t pointing at him actually. I was trying to point at the coaster but it just came through my picture. Nice shot wasn’t it? LOL!!!

This was the Green Lantern Ride but we didn’t try it. Actually this ride was towards the exit of Movie World and we intended to take the ride but unfortunately they need us to pay 1 AUS$ to keep our bags inside the locker, so we did not take it. Money is not the problem but we have paid 1 AUS$ for the locker when we took the Superman ride so we just skip this aside.
 
Btw, I didn’t manage to find anymore mascot around so I went snapping with those statue. This is a picture of me with Daffy Duck and just acting exactly like it. 

Bugs Bunny

Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner 




I just love the cartoons on this ticket~~

 
Oh, there is actually a parade at 3.30pm where I can see all the superheroes like Batman, Cat woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Looney Tunes Brothers and many others. The part I love most was when the Looney Tunes Brothers dance “Party Rock Anthem”. It was really amazing!! They were all shuffling. Btw, do you know who shuffle the best? I think is Sylvester. I think because among Tweety Bird, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, Sylvester has the fattest thighs of all. This makes his shuffling so much nicer.

I wanted to show you some pictures of the parade but unfortunately, Brendan recorded the whole parade and I have no other cameras on hand so I couldn’t share this with you all. Therefore, here is so call the end of my Movie World trip at Gold Coast! I will really miss Movie World.

Later in the evening, Brendan and I went for a dinner around the main street of surfers again and after dinner, before heading back to our hotel, we went for our organic foot scrub therapy along surfers’ beach again. Really had a memorable time at Gold Coast!

The next day, Brendan drove an hour ride back to Brisbane and we check in to our hotel. I really need to thanks Gary, who has organize all the accommodation for us and make our stay so wonderful at Brisbane. I really enjoyed the last stay which was at The Mantra, Southbank, Brisbane. The room was fantastic and it’s located in the heart of the city.

Just look at the room. This is the office table which is located just at the entrance. I ask Brendan to be my model. LOL!! I think he did it quite good. I am going to give him a 70%.

This is further inside. You can see the bedroom, washroom, dinning hall and the kitchen!!!


The kitchen was really the most amazing part. It has all the equipment you needed to cook.








Yo! Dishwasher as well!!! 

A washing machine and a dryer as well. EXCELLENT right?

Therefore, we walk a short distance from The Mantra to the Brisbane city centre crossing Victoria Bridge. I saw the Wheel of Brisbane on our way.

Taa Daa!!! This is our groceries!!! We bought it at “The Coles”. Btw, this will never be our solid meal. It’s just tidbits for us. LOL!!  

Guys~~~ Please be the judge for me this time. Let’s see our shopping of the day. Do you get to spot mine? 
 NO???

YES????
 
For those who cannot guess, here is the answer. It’s the tiny little white drawstring bag on your lower left corner. Yes, the Guess drawstring bag is mine and the rest goes to………. BRENDAN!!! So, I’m wondering who’s the shopaholic now. I think Harbour Town is going to be his favorite list in queue whenever he comes to Brisbane. However, it’s always alright for me because he’s going to pay for my shopping as well. LOL!!
 Uuuhuu~~ Thanks for the bracelet!! 

 
How’s this cap? Nice? Brendan told me that it suits me but too bad. It’s not for me. Can you see the price tag is still hanging on my shoulder? It’s actually for my cousin brother. It’s a souvenir for him as he promises to pick me up at the airport when I reach Malaysia. Cap, Cap, I WILL MISS YOU~ 

As usual we went for our dinner and Brendan took me to Eagle Pier for some Italian food. It was fantastic. I have took some pictures of the food in that restaurant but I have loaded it in my part one blog. If you really feel tempted to see, just feel free to look back. LOL!!

 By the way, I really got to say that I love “The Mantra” hotel because the cinema is located just beside it. For two nights we were there and we went for movies each night without missing. I still remember we watch “Hunger Games” for the first night and “The Reid” for the second night.

I got to tell you guys of my popcorn story. At first Brendan ask me, “Do you want to have popcorns during your movie?” I told him yes!! I ask him to get the Giant Combo because I really love to eat popcorns in cinemas. Therefore while he was paying, I started to eat my popcorn. I look at him with a very weird face. Then he took some. Giggling to me, he told me, “Oops, I forgot to tell you that the popcorns sold here are all SALTY!!!” OMG!! I regretted!! I really prefer to have my extra caramel popcorn. So, the popcorn ended up in the waste because Brendan also couldn’t get use to the salty taste. The next night, we bought “Cheezels” for our movie. And, smart people like us; took two bottles of Ginger Beer into the cinema. LOL!!!

By the way, there are no seats selections during our ticket purchase. It’s free seating!!! Do you think it’s a good thing? I feel that it’s a little not fair. What happen if I bought the tickets two days earlier but I came late into the cinema? And what happen if the cinema is pack? Does that mean that I will end up sitting at the front row? It’s not fair right? I think I still prefer Malaysian style. LOL!!!


That’s all for my Brisbane trip!!

Another cam whore picture of me with my new bracelet and my cousin brothers’ cap!!! Just LOVE it!!! I will really miss you cap!!!

 BYE!!! (=^-^=)



1 comment:

  1. gold coast is very beautiful and an attractive place i love it personal.http://surfersrentacar.com.au/trailer-hire/

    ReplyDelete