Monday 27 November 2017

"My Neighbor Totoro"Cornflakes Butter Cookies


Hi everyone!! Finally!! I am putting my hands together to bake!!
 \(=>v<=)/

Friends who know me well will know that I have not been baking for ages. HAHAHA~ Anyway, the main reason I’m baking now is because I bought some new cookie cutter and decided to give it a try. It’s “My Neighbor Totoro” cookies cutter which I bought. I bought the five (5) pieces set. It contains the main character Totoro, Chuu Totoro, Chibi Totoro, Catbus and the Sootballs.

I have been asking friends for recipe but most of them ask me to search online. Therefore, after finding a few recipes and seeking opinion from one of my buddy who bakes. She asks me to go ahead on this recipe which I found. By the way, this professional baker is Mei. (=^-^=) Mei, if you ever read my blog, this is for you~

“THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVISE!! MUCKS! MUCKS! MUCKS!!!”

Prepare these ingredients and you are ready to go!!!

Method:-
1)      Preheat oven to 130-140 degree Celsius.
2)      Combine Butter and icing sugar in a large bowl, mix well.
3)      Add in sieved plain flour, potato starch and crushed cornflakes.
4)      Pour onto tabletop; knead with your palms to form dough.
5)      Roll out the dough and use cookie cutters to make cut outs.
6)      Line baking sheets on the tray and place the cut outs on the baking sheets.
7)      Baked in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes till cooked through.
8)      Set aside to cool.

“Baking tips: Put some flour or wipe some butter on your cookie cutter to ensure nice cut outs. “

And, TAADAAA!!! Here are my Totoro Cookies!!!

Oh, I have used my Marie Cat cookies cutter as well because honestly the Totoro cookie cutter is very big and it’s more difficult to mould. Therefore, plan to mould the remaining with Marie Cat. Ok guys, try out this recipe and enjoy your baking!!

1 comment: