Wednesday 19 October 2011

Glacier Walk at Fox Glacier, New Zealand


Hi! When I loaded this picture in my Facebook, my friend told me that this looks like a drawing. LOL!!! Not surprise at all!!! I will comment the same thing if I were not at this Glacier to experience it myself. Therefore, this is not a drawing but a picture of a Glacier which I am heading forward in the next four hours.  

This is the coach that will bring us all the way to the bottom of the Glacier and from there we will start our Glacier walking journey.

On the day we went, we were really very lucky as Mother Nature was in full cooperation and we manage to complete our walk safely. Never the less, we have no worries to concern about our outfit because the company will well equip us with their windbreaker jackets, wool socks, crampons and backpack if needed.

Below this picture, is a picture of Ying and me at the bottom of the Glacier. We have to walk on these rocks for almost 45 minutes to reach the ice area. This is really a very good time to train up your stamina and it’s really quite tiring for a girl like me.

Here are some pictures of Brendan’s parents walking on the rocks. It is really quite dangerous if it were to rain.

As I say, Mother Nature was really good to us that day because if Mother Nature were to make raindrops, there might be some rocks from above the hills rolling downwards. Therefore we might have troubles making through the Glacier.

Unfortunately, everything is going just fine. We even regret for not taking the 8 hours Glacier walk guide. Anyway we did enjoy our 4 hours Glacier walk but if you people have the chance to go, just take the 8 hours Glacier guide. I believe you will get fantastic scenery snapshots from above.

By the way, here is a picture if me with my crampons on so that I can manage to walk on the ice without slipping.


The crampons will be distributed by the guide before we start our walk and it will be kept inside our backpack until we are instructed to take it out. Our guide will teach us how to put it on when we reach the ice area.

Here are my snapshots with Brendan’s family during our Glacier Walk.




















Finally, our Glacier Walk has comes to an end and here is our “Certificates of Achievements”.

My meals to boost up my energy!!!!

Cook Saddle Café is the only restaurant we manage to find at Fox Glacier so we have been having our lunch and dinner in this Café. Here is a picture of Ying and me inside the Café.


Enjoy your day!!!

CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment